Discover the hiking paths through the Bergische Land.
People who come to Wipperfürth Youth Hostel have usually one thing in mind: playing sports! The hostel itself and the adjacent sports facilities and sports halls are perfectly equipped. Facilities of the youth hostel include hiking, cycling, Nordic walking. You'll get active with your family, group or class in the Bergisches Land region. On the "Milk Route" (Milch-Wanderweg), which goes directly past the hostel, you may even learn something at the same time: the 4 km long trail shows where milk comes from - fun for younger school children and inquisitive nature lovers.
Swimmers also get their money's worth at the Bevertalsperre reservoir. Whether you want to swim, sail, dive or fish - you can let off steam with water sports. In bad weather, the "Bad Kurten" fun and adventure pool is a good alternative.
Anyone wishing to give his muscles a day off, or wishing to have a bit of a change will find lots of popular historical and natural destinations around Wipperfürth: medieval castles, subterranean stalactite caves and exciting open-air museums.
But why travel far? After all, Wipperfürth is the oldest town in the Bergisches Land: a stroll through the picturesque, historical town with cosy cafes and small businesses is a must during any visit.
Leisure facilities in the youth hostel
- Selection of sports equipment
- Juggling material
- Disco room
- Digital projector
- DVD player
- Table tennis
- Table football
- Pinball machine
- Indoor pool next to the hostel
- Small playing field with artificial turf (20 m x 40 m)
- Campfire site
- Barbecue area
Leisure facilities in the area
- Pack your swimming trunks: Bevertalsperre reservoir with swimming and water sport facilities (8 km)
- "Water march". Neyetalsperre reservoir with scenic hiking trails (4 miles)
- Cultural landscape: first milk hiking trail (Milch-Wanderweg) in Germany (from the hostel)
Leisure facilities in the region
- In the open air: Freilicht Museum Lindlar (open-air museum) (20 km)
- Medieval manor: Burg Castle (25 km)
- 30 m below ground: Wiehler Tropfsteinhöhle (stalactite caves) (30 km)