Leisure time fun for the young and the old at the youth hostel Wiehl.
Wiehl Youth Hostel offers something for every taste. Young families, students, sports clubs, church groups and conference guests can customise their stay according to their wishes and needs. Besides the exciting programmes offered by the youth hostel, the attractive surroundings also offer countless attractions and destinations.
In Wiehl, guests can make use of interesting and diverse leisure facilities. Whether you want to enjoy a spa day or are planning a groovy disco night or a cosy theme night such as "American Barbecue" or "Pizza à la carte" - at Wiehl Youth Hostel anything is possible.
Leisure facilities in the youth hostel
Activities in Wiehl Youth Hostel
Young families, students, sports clubs, church groups and seminar guests - it's never boring at Wiehl Wellness Hostel. Design your stay according to your individual wishes and needs - from a disco night to a cosy themed dinner everything is possible.
Facilities at Wiehl Youth Hostel Wellness services at the hostel
Wiehl Wellness Hostel offers spa facilities - read more about our exclusive wellness services for adults, families, children and teenagers and school groups.
- Wellness on offer at Wiehl Youth Hostel
- Various wellness options
- MAXI table football for 12 people
- Mobile cinema with projector and sound system
- PlayStation with screen and games
- Cellar bar
- Sauna with relaxation area
- Covered barbecue area
- Artificial turf pitch (20 x 40 m)
- basketball basket
- Playground with slide, climbing frame and bird's nest swing
- Table tennis (indoor and outdoor)
- Table football
- Pinball machine
- Parlour games
- Electric piano
Excursions in the surrounding area
Wiehl is surrounded by the Bergisches Land Nature Park. In addition to pristine nature and hiking and biking trails, there is plenty to discover: a stalactite cave, Homburg Castle, a large adventure playground and the Nature Discovery Park (Naturerlebnispark), for example. Anyone who is drawn to the big city should plan a day trip to Cologne. Wiehl itself, with its picturesque half-timbered houses and the Wiehl Park, invites visitors to go for a walk or play. But music lovers are not forgotten either: the annual international "Wiehler Jazztage" ("Jazz Festival of Wiehl") attract an international audience to the small Rhineland town. Every year from August to October, flower enthusiasts can enjoy hundreds of different varieties of dahlias at Wiehl's "Dahlia Show" (Wiehler Dahlienschau).
- On the trail of the forester: nature trail with wildlife park (5 minutes on foot)
- On your marks, get set, go: ice rink (5 minutes on foot)
- Stalactite or stalagmite? Stalactite caves in Wiehl (10 minutes on foot)
- Games & Action: Wiehl Park (adventure playground, beach volleyball, etc., 10 minutes on foot)
- Get away from it all: pool in Bilstein (20 minutes by bus)
- Experience cultural history: Homburg Castle (1 hour on foot or 20 minutes by bus)
- Big city adventure: cathedral city of Cologne (30 minutes by car)