Explore the mixture of nature and big city.
Whether you're a culture vulture, want to visit the old part of the town of Düsseldorf or you're planning a bike trip along the Rhine: Neuss provides the perfect blend of nature and urban experience. You have the choice between a contemplative hike in the Lower Rhine countryside or shopping on the Königsallee in Düsseldorf.
Leisure facilities in the youth hostel
- Disco/club room
- Table tennis tables (outdoors)
- Outdoor play station
- Room with fireplace
- Loan of books, games and toddlers vehicles
- Basketball court
- Football Goals
- Table football
- Pinball machine
Leisure facilities in Neuss and the surrounding area
Thanks to its idyllic location in the Neuss meadows, Neuss-Uedesheim Youth Hostel is the ideal accommodation for holidaymakers and nature lovers who do not want to be completely "off the beaten path". From here, you can go on long hikes and bike rides in the beautiful countryside of the Lower Rhine, or even just go shopping on Düsseldorf's swanky shopping street, the "Kö" - the perfect blend of town and nature.
Neuss Youth Hostel has a diverse smorgasbord of school trips it can offer school groups. The Middle Ages, the Romans or strengthening the classroom community - there's something for every class and age group. Children and teenagers taking part in the "Learn4Fun" holiday programme will discover that learning can be fun.
Families can really relax in the hostel and don't have to do anything themselves. Are you looking for a bit of variety and sporting action? A lot of family-oriented recreational opportunities, such as indoor and outdoor pools and an ice rink, are available near the hostel.
- Ice rink
- Indoor and outdoor pools, wave pool
- Climbing wall
- Indoor skiing (15km)
- Erfttal valley: barefoot walking route
- Botanical Gardens
- Indoor playground
- High ropes course
Leisure facilities in the region
The Rhine cities of Cologne and Dusseldorf are not far away. A visit is worthwhile, especially for adults and families with older children. Furthermore, the region has many museums and castles that offer interesting insights into the culture and history of Neuss and its surrounding area.
- Zons: open-air theatre, District Museum (8 km)
- Dyck Castle (22 km)
- Clemens-Sels-Museum (8 km)
- Haus Rottels Museum (25 minutes by public transport)
- Town Hall (public transport 25 min)
- Theatre (25 minutes by public transport)
- Children's farm with nature trail (5 km)
- Hombroich Museum Island (14 km)
- Wildgehege Tannenbusch (game reserve) (8 km)
- Garzweiler mine (28 km)
- Cologne (20 km) and Dusseldorf (16 km): Rhine towns with worthwhile destinations
- Mettmann: Neanderthal Museum