Discover the history, the museums and the sights of the historical city of Bonn.
Numerous museums and monuments remind visitors of the great history of the city; amusement parks and places of interest in the area invite visitors to go on day trips. The former capital city offers plenty of attractions. There'll still be a lot left over for your next visit to Bonn. The modern bistro and the lovely terrace are ideal places to meet people and prepare your next sightseeing tour.
Leisure facilities in and around the youth hostel
- Table tennis tables inside
- Table football
- Terrace with barbecue area
- Room with fireplace/reading room
- Bicycle storage
- High ropes course with 4 stations
- Bicycle rental in cooperation with the Radstation Bonn (Cycling station Bonn)
Leisure facilities in the area
The former German capital, the birthplace of Beethoven and final resting place of Konrad Adenauer - Bonn and its environs have a chequered past and make you want to find out more about history. Experience the historical sights and top-class cultural attractions. Numerous museums and theatres make Bonn a popular destination for lovers of art and culture. No matter what attracts guests to the UNO city today, in the evening, visitors can enjoy a relaxed and lively end to their day in the nightlife and student quarter of Bonn's Nordstadt district, with its many pubs and bars.
- 6 in 1: Bonn's Museum Mile with Art and Exhibition Hall of the Federal Republic of Germany, Bonn Art Museum, Museum of the History of the Federal Republic of Germany, Zoological Research Institute and Museum Alexander Koenig, German Museum Bonn, ifa Gallery (10 minutes by car/30 minutes by public transport)
- Great composer, great music: Beethoven House (15 minutes by car/20 minutes by public transport)
- Electoral attraction: Poppelsdorf Castle/Botanical Gardens (15 minutes by car/20 minutes by public transport)
- Visit to the "Old Man": Adenauer House in Rhöndorf (20 minutes bus to main station, 30 minutes by underground/train, 5 minutes on foot)
- In the footsteps of chancellors and ministers: former government district
- Fabled: Drachenfels (25 minutes by car)
- House of nature: nature trail and game reserve
- Open-air pool
- Adventure playground
Leisure facilities in the region
Anyone needing a break from history and culture can experience real adventure in the area around Bonn. Fun and action await the whole family in "Phantasialand. Or how about seeing real sharks and rays up close? The Sealife Center in Königswinter invites visitors to enter into a colourful underwater world with over 2,000 animals. Nature lovers can look forward to a trip to the Siebengebirge mountains with its fabled Drachenfels ("Dragon's Rock"). For all those who can't get enough of big city adventures: Cologne and Dusseldorf are not far away.
- A wealth of experience: "Phantasialand" amusement park (30 minutes by car)
- Fabled: Drachenfels (25 minutes by car/bus 20 minutes to the main station, 30 minutes by underground/train)
- Petersberg + Drachenfels + Wolkenburg + Schallenberg + Geisberg & Ölberg & Breiberg = Siebengebirge (Seven Mountains)
- Media metropolises: Cologne and Dusseldorf
- Sharks and rays near the Rhine: Sealife Centre in Königswinter (20 minutes by car)
- Walking trails: Rheinhöhenweg and Rheinsteig
- Day trip with picnic: boat trip to Königswinter, a ride on the rack-and-pinion railway to the legendary Drachenfels